One of the biggest risks businesses face in today's world is in the environmental arena. With new or changing technologies and regulations,
environmental compliance is key to avoiding regulatory fines and work stoppages, ensuring worker and public safety, and avoiding potential liability issues
arising from accidental exposures.
Dade Moeller understands that complying with environmental statutory and regulatory requirements is essential for any business. Our knowledge and experience with environmental programs enables us to anticipate
environmental requirements for a program or project lifecycle, helping our commercial clients avoid surprises and maintain compliance.
Dade Moeller personnel regularly assess environmental testing laboratories located around the country for performance adequacy based on the National
Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Conference (NELAC) components, the 2009 criteria from The NELAC Institute (TNI), and requirements of the
International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Dade Moeller has extensive experience, in planning environmental projects, managing sampling activities, and evaluating the resulting data. We have facilitated over 40 Systematic Planning Processes encompassing all types of decisions for waste treatment and disposition, contaminated facility remediation, natural resource management, and environmental restoration. The systematic planning approach is central to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s environmental characterization programs and requires mediation skills, technical expertise, and knowledge of environmental regulations.
We work with clients to strategically plan environmental data collection, sampling and analysis for environmental projects. We guide clients in determining the type, quantity, and quality of environmental data needed to balance risk and cost and to support technically defensible decisions. This process can ensure that our clients meet, and in some cases exceed, project budgets and schedules.
Dade Moeller provides Systematic Planning for environmental projects involving the following.
- Soil/Groundwater Characterization and Remediation
- Waste Characterization and Disposal
- Integrated Environmental Monitoring
- Risk Assessments
- Decontamination and Decommissioning
- Waste Treatment and Disposal
- Establishing Programs for Specific Chemical and Radioactive Materials
- Obtaining Required Licenses and Environmental Permits
- Performing Safety Analyses and Risk Assessments
- Performing Independent Audits and Evaluations following Accidents or Incidents
- Providing Litigation Assistance through Expert Testimony
- Developing the Necessary National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Documentation
NRDA Support for Deep Water Horizon Oil Spill Project
Dade Moeller provides rapid/emergent sample quality management services in support of the Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA) for the British Petroleum Deep Water Horizon oil spill.
We operate a team with up to 70 environmental scientists and data quality management personnel, establishing operations across all 1,600 miles of the Gulf Coast. In two years, our environmental specialists successfully processed more than 60,000 samples in a multitude of matrices and environmental media with less than 1% loss of sample integrity
We are helping our clients reduce their regulatory compliance burdens and maintain their corporate image through environmental stewardship by helping them establish, upgrade, or maintain compliant environmental programs.
Some of these services include the following.
- Audits Dade Moeller performs environmental laboratory assessments and environmental audits to support laboratory certification and to verify compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Environmental Compliance Dade Moeller is involved in helping customers secure environmental permits and licenses and ensure environmentally compliant operations, while establishing a record of integrity and mutual respect with regulators and stakeholders. We have a full range of capabilities, covering environmental media and environmental regulatory programs. With our environmental compliance audit, our clients will know exactly where they stand and also how to become environmentally compliant in the most cost-effective manner.
- Environmental Remediation Our Company is helping to reduce the legacy of concern posed by radioactive and hazardous residues remaining in our nation's structures, properties, and other assets. We are adept at defining the environmental risks posed to workers, the public, and the environmental.
- NEPA Analysis & Documentation Dade Moeller is involved with the development of environmental documentation, in the form of Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and Environmental Assessments (EAs), to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 and the Council on Environmental Quality regulations that implement NEPA.
- Site Characterization Dose Modeling Dade Moeller is assisting clients in following the MARSSIM process for decontamination and decommissioning. We have experience in all phases of the MARSSIM process, from planning (evaluation of historical site assessments, establishing Derived Concentration Guideline Levels (DCGLs), and establishing data quality objectives (DQOs)), to implementation (including data collection and quality assurance/quality control activities), to assessment (data validation and data quality assessment), and finally to decision-making. By following the MARSSIM guidance and process, we can help our clients plan and execute successful remediation programs and achieve the maximum credibility with regulators and stakeholders.
Contact Dade Moeller today for information on our Environmental Protection Services.
|Risk Assessment||Bill Kennedy||509-942-3703 ||Email|
|Quality Assurance, Auditing, Systematic Planning||Mitzi Miller||509-531-0255 ||Email|